GP generally provide a good service managing the day to day problems, but they have many patients to deal with and, although they are not normally specialists, they should know when to refer a patient to a more specialist doctor. Unfortunately GO do make occasional mistakes, whether it is, for example:
- Failing to diagnose injuries and illnesses correctly
- Failing to refer patients for further investigation, for example, in relation to the possibility of cancer, meningitis and brain haemorrhage
- Prescribing wrong medication or making errors in relation to medication
- Failing to make planned referrals
- Failing to diagnose unstable angina, leading to cardiac arrest
If have been injured due to the negligence of a GP, you may able to take legal action for compensation
Legal action for GP negligence compensation can be difficult and expert advice and expert evidence are needed to work out whether you have a claim. Our specialist GP negligence will be able to advise you and we will act for you on a NO WIN NO FEE basis meaning that you will not have to pay any legal fees should your case be unsuccessful. Request a Free Consultation today.