Work Related Upper Limb Disorder Claims
Work Related Upper Limb Disorder (WRULD) and Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) are terms associated with a range of symptoms a person may feel in their hands, elbows, arms, shoulders and neck. These conditions are often connected with repetitive activities carried out in the workplace, although some can occur naturally.
Types of WRULD or RSI include:
- Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS) / Vibration White Finger (VWF)
- Tenosynovitis (De Quervain’s Syndrome)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)
- Tennis Elbow
- Trigger finger
Symptoms of WRULD or RSI include:
- Tenderness in the affected limbs
- Aches and pains in the upper limbs
- Tingling / Pins and needles
- Numbness of hands / fingers
- Swelling of upper limbs
- Lack of grip
Examples of how a WRULD may be caused include:
- Repetitive work (use of a keyboard or power drills)
- Uncomfortable working postures
- Sustained or excessive force
- Carrying out a task for a long period of time
- Poor working environment and organisation (eg temperature, lighting and work pressure, job demands, work breaks or lack of them)
- Individual differences and susceptibility (some workers are more affected by certain risks)
An employer has the general duties under Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 to manage and control the risks associated with work-related ULDs.
- Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment Regulations – DSE) 1992
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
- Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992 (PPE)
- Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 (MHOR)
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995 (RIDDOR)
- Control of Vibration at Work Regulations 2005
If you have suffered from any one of the above symptoms due to a job, Versus Law can help you claim the compensation you rightfully deserve. We are widely regarded for our professionalism and will always keep you updated on any developments in your case, thus ensuring peace of mind, knowing your claim is in safe hands.
Contact us today to get your claim started. If you have any questions and are still unsure about weather or not you have a valid claim, we offer a FREE Consultation service and would be happy to answer all your questions.
NO WIN NO FEE
We can confirm we operate a NO WIN NO FEE agreement whereby we ensure your legal costs are only payable upon SUCCESSFUL completion of your case.