Frequently asked questions regarding Industrial Deafness:

How do I know if I am suffering from noise-induced deafness?

Do you ever have a buzzing, ringing or a tingling noise in your ears, (a condition commonly known as Tinnitus)? Alternatively, do you struggle to hear people talk? You may have noticed that your hearing is becoming impaired gradually or you may not have noticed it at all. Instead you may have had a family member or a friend tell you that your hearing is deteriorating.

How loud is too loud?

How loud a sound is can be measured in units called decibles (dB). The measurement for a normal conversation is around 60 decibles for example. So anything in the region of 85 plus, is deemed too loud and noisy. This could perhaps mean the noise of traffic, or simply struggling to hear what your colleagues are saying.

What do I need to do now?

If you suspect that you are suffering from industrial deafness or noise induced deafness, contact us right away. We will assess your claim and talk you through your individual circumstances to ensure that you are given thorough and accurate advice.

We will need to know your full employment history in the relevant place of work so it is useful to make sure you have that information at hand, ready to pass on to your claims advisor.

If we take your case on, we will then make an appointment for you to see an audiologist and an ear, nose and throat specialist who will carry out the test to see how much your hearing has been effected. This will then aid us in obtaining a figure of compensation for you.

How long do I have to claim?

It has been established that a person, when linking their condition to the noise levels at their work place, from that point onwards has 3 years to make their claim so we strongly advise not to delay matters any further and seek advice straight away by phoning 0845 555 0606.

We will act for you on a NO WIN NO FEE basis, meaning you will not have to pay any legal fees should your case be unsuccessful (subject to terms and conditions).